Saturday, October 18, 2008

National Parks Website Down

After note: I finally managed to get into National Park website to register myself to speak at the very last minute before I set off to Hong Lim this evening. I shall be putting up Chinese translated of Mr. Tan Kin Lian's speech on my blog later.

I want to register to speak at Hong Lim Park today but it seems that the National Parks Website is down for the whole afternoon. I just cannot believe that with a World Class government, such things could actually happen and detrimental to our freedom of speeches at this little small park!

I will still go ahead to speak, basically to help Mr. Tan Kin Lian to translate his English speech into Mandarin, in order to help those who could not understand English well to get the necessary information for their next moves.

Mr. Tan Kin Lian has been doing a great job in helping Minibonds and Structured Deposits holders in this difficult times and I admire his courage and righteous spirit in helping out these Minibond holders. He has given me a call this morning to request for my help to address many of the Chinese educated elderly uncles and aunties. I have agreed to help him at short notice but unfortunately, the National Park website to register myself to speak at Hong Lim has been down for the whole afternoon!

I may risk charges for making an "illegal speech" at Hong Lim Park, all thanks to National Parks' faulty website, but I guess I am prepared to go to jail (nope, I am not going to pay the fines) for a righteous cause like this one.

Goh Meng Seng

No comments: